Managing Consultant, Environmental
Airport operators and government agencies face a complicated matrix of environmental approval processes, regional policies and stakeholder expectations.
L&B provides expert experience and global best practices to progress airport development, environmental compliance and sustainability stewardship.Over the last three decades, one of the most important issues facing airports is the increasing requirement to fulfil environmental regulations and permits, as well as demonstrate leadership in reducing the environmental impact of the airport. L&B has earned a reputation as one of the most well respected and successful aviation environmental firms in the world.
Manage resources (e.g.: staff, time, etc.) to achieve timely completion of project work related to Environmental Planning in the best interest of the client. Directly address client needs in a timely manner (i.e.: remain accessible to the client to provide guidance, answer questions, etc.) Possess a thorough understanding of the processes and project requirements in order to delegate and explain work to junior staff. Coordinate all work regarding project-specific responsibilities and make decisions within the scope of those responsibilities. Responsible for reviewing and maintaining professional quality of any information or client deliverables produced directly by any supporting staff on a project.
- Manages those tasks, and the people necessary to complete those tasks, within the scope of responsibility identified by project management (e.g.: project budget, scheduling, sub-consultant work, EIS/Part 150 completion, specific client deliverables, etc.)
- Maintains relations with former, current, and prospective clients (i.e., maintains client focus through continued open communications with an emphasis on marketing Landrum & Brown services)
- Provides guidance to junior staff (i.e.: provides technical training and educates junior staff in appropriate business skills including client communication and social skills)
- Possesses a thorough understanding of environmental planning processes (e.g., Environmental Impact Statement processing) and of the airport industry, noise compatibility planning (e.g., Part 150)
- Develops work scopes, budgets, schedules, and responds to RFPs and RFQs when appropriate or assigned
- Understands the full range of Landrum & Brown services to identify new opportunities for the Firm with both existing and prospective clients
- Assists other project teams in areas of specialization
- Supports peers in various task assignments
- Reviews work of the project team in a timely manner
- Performs other duties as necessary (e.g.: research, client meeting preparation, record-keeping, etc.)
- Prepares proposals and participates in interviews
- Allocates time to coaching/mentoring
- Assists service line managers in scheduling work load and determining manpower requirements
Minimum four-year college degree in Urban Planning, Geographical Information Systems, Aviation Management, or Environmental Sciences is most appropriate. Master’s degree is valuable but not required.
Experience withCalifornia Environmental Quality Act (CEPA) is preferred, but not required.
Spends on average between 11-25% of time on business-related travel annually
Landrum & Brown’s Benefits
Landrum & Brown is proud to offer outstanding benefits to all employees, including…
- Paid Holidays
- Paid-Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Group Medical / Voluntary Dental / Voluntary Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan (In 2018 – 50% match up to 10% of employee pay plus 50% of any age 50 and over catch-up contribution).
- Group Term Life, Insurance, and AD&D
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance for employee and dependents
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Business Travel Medical Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Smart Commuter Savings Plan
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Hours are somewhat flexible, and some late evenings may be required.
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA): 2 years
- Air-travel industry: 8 years
Required work authorization
Cincinnati, OH; Los Angeles, CA; or San Francisco, CA
Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter to:
No phone calls or agency phone calls please.
Please include position and location(s) of interest in your submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer
L&B has very recent project experience on all seven continents. Ethnic, cultural, national origin, language and gender diversity is a basic foundation of our success. L&B believes that such a dynamic and vibrant working environment exceeds work expectations and encourages staff to have an open and forward-thinking mind. This will in turn, enrich the way we work, and connects us with our clients. We therefore recognize that diversity plays a key role in our recruitment and are therefore a proud equal opportunity employer.
EEO / M / F / D / V