Ground Transportation Senior Consultant – Flexible Location
Our mission is to enhance the world by bringing passion and creativity to solve the most complex global aviation challenges. Our integrated services span master planning and strategy, airfield and airspace, terminal planning and design, environment, financial/business planning, ground transportation, commercial development, and activation planning service.
About the Ground Transportation Team
Ground transportation is the key link connecting passengers and goods with the aviation system. As the scale of airports continues to expand, a comprehensive multi-modal ground transportation plan is critical for supporting long-term growth.
While airport planning is more typically associated with runways and terminals, ground transportation planning is critical to facilitate long-term airport growth. An airport may be served with a wide variety of modes, including cars, taxis, buses, metro rail, APM, and high-speed rail. There are networks dedicated for passengers, working zones, and cargo. Each of these must be considered in concert for a logical, efficient and flexible ground transportation system.
L&B provides comprehensive ground transportation planning services, from on-airport local connectivity planning to large-scale master plans for airports exceeding an annual design capacity of 100 million passengers. We are the landside planners for several high-profile projects around the world, including rapidly growing markets in China, India and the Middle East.
Senior Ground Transportation Planner at L&B will work on technically challenging operational and planning issues at airports around the world. Typical projects involve mitigating adverse traffic impacts on the curbsides and on-airport roadway systems, planning of facilities such as Ground Transportation Centers (GTC) and Consolidated Rental Car facilities (CONRAC), parking, multimodal linkage to the airport, and operational planning for commercial vehicles. In addition to technical projects, work involves advisory related to operating policies, non-aeronautical revenue development, opportunities and impacts of technology.
- Independent, self-starter with aviation landside experience
- Ability to communicate clearly, work well within a group and present externally in front of clients
- Responsible for managing complex landside projects
- Would develop scopes of work, budgets, methodologies and assist with marketing efforts
- Serve as subject matter expert in the area of demand modeling (multimodal), specifically as it applies to parking, curbside, CONRACs and other landside facilities.
- Independently organize, plan and execute, field surveys and data collection efforts
- Perform data analysis, spreadsheet modeling, assist in simulation modeling of transportation systems, conceptual planning, and various ad hoc technical studies.
- Create exhibits, draft reports, and other project documentation, ability to write is required.
- Preferred, Master’s degree in Transportation Engineering, Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning, or other analytical streams.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience
- High proficiency in spreadsheet modeling
- Excellent statistical skills with extensive experience in demand modeling, including major statistical software packages (i.e. R, Python).
- Experience with traffic/transportation simulation and planning software (VISSIM, Synchro)
- Experience with CADD software (AutoCAD, MicroStation, AutoTURN)
- A good understanding of MUTCD, AASHTO “Green book”, ITE trip generation
Travel Expectations : 25% – 35% of time
Landrum & Brown’s Benefits
Landrum & Brown is proud to offer outstanding benefits to all employees, including:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid-Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Group Medical / Voluntary Dental / Voluntary Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Group Term Life, Insurance, and AD&D
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance for employee and dependents
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Business Travel Medical Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Smart Commuter Savings Plan
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Hours are somewhat flexible, and some late evenings may be required.
Looking for a Consultant to be located in one of the following L&B offices: Cincinnati, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Denver, Minneapolis, Jacksonville