Ground Transportation Consultant – Los Angeles
Our mission is to enhance the world by bringing passion and creativity to solve the most complex global aviation challenges. Our integrated services span master planning and strategy, airfield and airspace, terminal planning and design, environmental, business and finance, ground transportation, commercial development, and activation planning services.
About the Ground Transportation Team:
Ground transportation is an essential part of airport planning. It is the infrastructure that connects the airport to the surrounding metropolitan area and serves as the “last mile” for all air travel. As airports continue to grow and adapt to new technologies and trends, the ability to plan for a comprehensive multi-modal ground transportation system that is flexible and reliable will be ever more critical to supporting long-term growth.
As a member of the ground transportation team you would work on projects that encompass a wide variety of modes and services, including private automobiles, taxis/for-hire vehicles, buses, metro rails, on-airport APM, and high-speed rail. While the focus of most of L&B’s ground transportation work is on serving airport passengers and employees, we also undertake studies on cargo/goods movement and other non-traditional areas of transportation (new technologies).
L&B provides comprehensive ground transportation planning services, from on-airport local connectivity planning to large-scale master plans for airports exceeding an annual design capacity of 100 million passengers. Our interdisciplinary approach to airport planning encourages ground transportation staff to work with other professionals across the company, further enriching their experience and skillsets along with collaborating with colleagues based in our 11 international offices (ten countries). L&B is the landside planning firm for several high-profile projects around the world, including rapidly growing markets in China, India and the Middle East.
In your role as a Ground Transportation Planner at L&B you will work on technically challenging landside planning and operational issues. Typical projects involve mitigating adverse traffic impacts on the curbsides and on-airport roadway systems, planning of facilities such as Ground Transportation Centers and Consolidated Rental Car facilities, parking, regional multimodal airport connectivity, and operational planning for commercial vehicles, among others. In addition to technical projects, your project work might also include the development of operating policies, non-aeronautical revenue plans, research on the opportunities and impacts of emerging technologies.
- Provide task level project management and assist in overall project management
- Assist in creation of scopes of work, budgets, methodology and interface with clients as required.
- Independently organize, plan and execute, field surveys and data collection efforts
- Perform under general oversight, data analysis, spreadsheet modeling, simulation modeling of transportation systems, conceptual planning, and various ad hoc technical studies.
- Create exhibits, draft reports, and other project documentation
- Maintain databases and other information and respond efficiently to data requests and analyses from internal as well as external clients.
- Brainstorm with the team to develop solutions for operational and planning problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Transportation Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Transportation Planning.
- Zero (entry level) to seven years (mid-level) of experience in an analytical field
- High proficiency in spreadsheet modeling
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Excellent AutoCAD Skills
- Excellent Traffic/Transportation software skills (HCS, Synchro, VISSIM)
- A good understanding of MUTCD, AASHTO “Green book”, ITE trip generation
- A Master’s degree in engineering or planning
- 3D modeling skills (Sketchup)
- A general understanding of FAR Part 77
- Experience with geographical information systems (GIS) mapping and spatial analysis
0 – 25% of time
Landrum & Brown’s Benefits
Landrum & Brown is proud to offer outstanding benefits to all employees, including:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid-Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Group Medical / Voluntary Dental / Voluntary Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Group Term Life, Insurance, and AD&D
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance for employee and dependents
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Business Travel Medical Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Smart Commuter Savings Plan
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Hours are somewhat flexible, occasional weekends and some late evenings may be required.