Compliance Counsel – Cincinnati
T.Y. Lin International is an award-winning firm recognized for excellence in civil and structural engineering. Founded in San Francisco in 1954, it specializes in the planning, design, and construction engineering/inspection of public and private infrastructure. With offices throughout the Americas and Asia, T.Y. Lin International delivers innovative engineering solutions designed to meet each client's unique needs and budget.
The Compliance Counsel is responsible for assisting the Corporate Counsel and Ethics & Compliance Officer in efforts to ensure the global operations of T.Y. Lin International Group and its affiliates comply with all legal requirements and that the company follows the highest ethical practices and standings in compliance with all applicable rules, regulations and laws.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the development, implementation, communication, and enforcement of organizational compliance policies and procedures that will deliver outcomes and results that are ethically sound and legally complaint.
- Assists with the review and monitoring of activities of business units to ensure compliance with established organizational policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
- Provides research and analysis for a variety of compliance and legal matters and to help ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Maintains meticulous compliance files and documentation.
- Develops and manages various compliance related databases, providing reports as required.
- Prepares compliance documentation, materials and presentations.
- Stays current on relevant legal and compliance issues related to function.
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications (INCLUDING EDUCATION and/or JOB EXPERIENCE):
- Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant experience. Junior attorneys may also be considered.
- 7-9 years of relevant compliance experience in a law firm and/or company legal or compliance department. In-house experience preferred.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining compliance programs in areas such as anti-bribery/anti-corruption, third-party due diligence, gifts/hospitality/charitable contributions approvals, political compliance, and policies & procedures governance. Experience with other risk and governance areas, and compliance program metrics tracking a plus.
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing and with colleagues at every level in a diverse, global organization.
- Keen attention to detail and quality of work product.
- Bilingual English/Spanish (speaking and writing) preferred.
- Familiarity in engineering, architecture, consulting, professional services and/or construction fields a plus.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with dynamic and diverse leadership teams.
- Ability to effectively manage interruptions, tenacious, dependable, proactive.
- Possesses personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Diplomatic and with the ability to properly handle confidential information in a discreet manner.
- Manages complex workload, handling multiple project concurrently with appropriate prioritization.
- Energized by a fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness.
- Masterful execution, and project planning/management/documentation skills. Prior experience with launching initiatives and change management strongly desired.
T.Y. Lin International is an equal opportunity employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.