Airport Planner – Chicago, IL
Airport operators and government agencies face a complicated matrix of environmental approval processes, regional policies and stakeholder expectations. L&B provides expert experience and global best practices to progress airport development, environmental compliance and sustainability stewardship.
Over the last three decades, one of the most important issues facing airports is the increasing requirement to fulfil environmental regulations and permits, as well as demonstrate leadership in reducing the environmental impact of the airport. L&B has earned a reputation as one of the most well respected and successful aviation environmental firms in the world.
Provide support to project manager and/or project coordinator to fulfill client needs regarding environmental planning. Assure accuracy in data used for client reports and products. Present data clearly via graphical or textual tools depending on intended audience. Complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- Completes project-related tasks as assigned by project manager/coordinator (e.g.: data analysis, data presentation, and report formatting, etc.)
- Takes responsibility for any official/unofficial roles in which a special knowledge has developed (e.g.: GIS database and software maintenance, noise monitor maintenance, etc.)
- Maintains good communication with project team and colleagues from other practices
- Assists in coordinating the work of interns
- Performs other duties as assigned
The Analyst is an entry-level job. Minimum four-year college degree. Degree in urban planning, Geographical Information Systems, aviation management, mathematics, engineering, or environmental sciences is most appropriate.
Spends on average less than 11% of time on business-related travel annually
Landrum & Brown’s Benefits
Landrum & Brown is proud to offer outstanding benefits to all employees, including:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid-Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Group Medical / Voluntary Dental / Voluntary Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan (In 2018 – 50% match up to 10% of employee pay plus 50% of any age 50 and over catch-up contribution)
- Group Term Life, Insurance, and AD&D
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance for employee and dependents
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Business Travel Medical Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Smart Commuter Savings Plan
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Hours are somewhat flexible, and some late evenings may be required.