Accountant – Cincinnati, OH
Our mission is to enhance the world by bringing passion and creativity to solve the most complex global aviation challenges. Our integrated services span master planning and strategy, airfield and airspace, terminal planning and design, environmental, business and finance, ground transportation, commercial development, and activation planning services.
Accountant is an accounting and support function within Landrum & Brown’s global Accounting organization, located in the Corporate Office in Blue Ash, Ohio. The position reports directly to the Controller. The accountant has no direct and indirect supervisory responsibilities.
- Preparation of account reconciliations and schedules
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Maintain fixed assets software and reconciliations including posting of monthly depreciation expense
- Monitoring completion of domestic and international business registration and local tax requirements (i.e. excise, gross profits, sales and use returns)
- Assist with monthly closing and consolidation of international entities
- Support the Controller with domestic and international tax requests
- Support the Controller with preparation and completion of all audit requests
- Assist with 1099 annual reporting
- Assist with revenue recognition documentation/Project QA
- Maintain/post standard journal entries required across all entities
- Maintain lease accounting schedules and post related journal entries
- Assist with cash receipts posting, as needed
- Assist accounts payable, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, required
- CPA (or working towards certification) preferred
- Architecture, Engineering or Construction background preferred
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Team oriented
- Prioritization skills
Landrum & Brown is a global organization. This position is located in the Corporate Office in Blue Ash, Ohio. While consistent travel is not anticipated; situations may require travel to both domestic and international locations to coordinate project needs or to coordinate with members of the Global Accounting function that have office locations around the globe.
Landrum & Brown’s Benefits
Landrum & Brown is proud to offer outstanding benefits to all employees, including:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid-Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Group Medical / Voluntary Dental / Voluntary Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Group Term Life, Insurance, and AD&D
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance for employee and dependents
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Business Travel Medical Insurance
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Smart Commuter Savings Plan
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Hours are somewhat flexible, and some late evenings may be required.